Monday, August 9, 2010

Writing Style

I have now edited chapters five and six of my book Patrick Warrior Saint. I am very pleased with how the book has developed to date and I am confident the reader will have a great experience if they choose to purchase this book on Saint Patrick.

One striking note is how my writing style has evolved since I began this epic adventure. You see I started this book back in 2003!! I wrote five chapters and then life intervened as it has a habit of doing. For one reason or another I never got around to completing the book. Last year I married my beautiful wife and when my best man gave an amazing speech he included my unfinished book. That day I promised myself that Patrick Warrior Saint would be completed.

So how has my style evolved, well I found that my vocabulary range has increased dramatically. The words I used were being repeated over and over again in the book. As I completed my novel I made a conscience effort to minimise duplication and use my expanded vocabulary. Only the reader will be able to tell if I succeeded in my ambition.

In I.T. news today I am still trying to get my site indexed by google, seems that I need to build up my links to this blog. Also tonight I will set up my facebook page, really looking forward to sharing my photos of Ireland with the world. In the mean time here is a link to the official Irish Tourist sitehttp://www.discoverireland.ie/

No comments:

Post a Comment