Saturday, August 21, 2010

First Test of New Book

In a recent update on my book I blogged that I had a problem with elements of chapter seven. Well good news!! Chapter seven is finished. To solve my dilemma I had to bring to the foreground a character that I had not intended to fully flesh out until book two, Ciara daughter of the King.
For the first time I have had friends and family read my book. This was a very nervous time for me as it is for most authors. Would they hate it or love it? 

They love it.

They are surprised by the direction that I have taken the Saint Patrick character, some felt that the church may not be too happy with the final product. In my view this is a fictional book, my book. my character and if the story is controversial, so be it. 
I am delighted that each and every person suggested improvements to the story or structure. I may not take on their ideas but I will certainly give them all due consideration.
Editing the remainder of the book is taking longer than anticipated but I still expect to be finished by the end of August. With Luck!!!

On the tech front I have started a second page on my blog. Top 5 myths of Saint Patrick. When completed I will submit this page to sites dedicated to articles, such as Ezine.  All part of my publicity drive for Patrick Warrior Saint.

No comments:

Post a Comment